Reviewer Disclaimer: I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including Netgalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
I am never paid for a review that appears on this site.
Amazon Disclosure: Amazon requires that I post the below disclaimer on my web page.
“I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
Joy of Reading is an affiliate of Amazon.com As such, my posts usually contain affiliate links. When you click on those links and purchase the product offered, I receive a small percentage of that purchase, at no extra cost to you! While I will often use an affiliate link to indicate where to purchase the book in my review posts, I will never recommend that you purchase a book or product just because I get a percentage back. If I don’t think it’s a good book, I will be clear in my review. As always, you the reader are free to decide which books (if any) you purchase based on my reviews and from where you purchase them.
Any earnings from affiliate links are used to cover operational costs of this website as well as shipping costs for giveaways, etc. Other direct links that I use (Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, publishers, authors, etc.) are not affiliate links and will generate no income for Joy of Reading.
Giveaways: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Each giveaway is open only to those who enter through the Rafflecopter form and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The giveaway is open to U.S. only (unless otherwise indicated) and is void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Giveaway Period: Unless otherwise stated, a giveaway’s entry period is one week. Entries will be accepted on the day the contest begins until the Rafflecopter form closes to entries, usually at midnight a week later.
- How to Enter: See eligibility terms
- Prizes: Winners will receive the prize or prizes as stated on the blog. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
- Winner Selection & Notification: Winners of each giveaway will be selected in a random drawing through Rafflecopter. The winner or winners will be notified by email as soon as possible after the giveaway ends. The winner will have one week to notify the sponsor and supply mailing address. Joy of Reading or its sponsors shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to check email, receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Joy of Reading and its sponsors for liability, mail loss, illness, injury, death, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof.
The privacy of our visitors to joyofreadingweb.wordpress.com is important to us.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.